Hi lovelies! Hope you guys are all doing well. Can you believe, it’s already the end of March? I feel like I haven’t even wrapped my head around the thought of March and it’s about to be April in just a few days. Anyway, since the weather is (still bipolar – but) somewhat looking up, I’ll be posting a few spring looks soon. As for today, I thought I would share with you a few things that I do to make my mornings easier. If you know me at all, you’d know that I hate being out of bed before 7AM. I. Just. Hate. It. I love mornings, but not before 7AM. Since I’ve been waking up really early for work the past week, I figured I would do a post on what few things I’ve learned that make the morning a little easier and hopefully someone out there can pick up a thing or two. Hope you all enjoy!First thing’s first,
– Make your bed as soon as you get up. I’ve been pretty consistent with this lately and have to say, it helps a lot! Some mornings are harder than others, but the minute I decide it is time to get up, I throw myself up, out of bed, and make my bed right away. This gets me moving and awake enough to walk myself to the bathroom to begin my morning routine. Plus, you’ll be coming home to a nicely made bed! 🙂
– Skincare hacks: Cleanse your face before brushing your teeth so that while you wait for your moisturizer to sink in (this allows for better application, trust me), you can spend that time brushing your teeth! AND then once you’re moisturizer sinks in, apply sunscreen (ALWAYS, PEOPLE) and while you wait for your sunscreen to sink in, you can spend that time drawing in your eyebrows (can replace with brushing your hair if you don’t fill in your eyebrows). I don’t know if anyone else strategizes this way but I find that it saved me a few minutes for sure!
– Pack your things before bed. I like to get my outfit and bag ready for the next day to save time in the morning. This also includes my gym bag if I’m going to the gym after work (which is usually 3-4 times out of the weekday). Anything to save you a few precious minutes in the morning, right?
– Drink a glass of water. This one I’m still working on. I sort of hate drinking water (shame on me, I know). And in the morning, it’s especially important to get things going. It helps wake you up and cleanse your body! If you want to go the extra mile, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) to your water (preferably warm water) and honey. Trust me, if you ration this out correctly, you don’t even taste the ACV – although the smell is still there, the taste is diluted by the water and cancelled out by the honey. ACV has so many benefits for the body. It’s cleansing, detoxifying, and balancing for your insides. It is also believed to help regulate your metabolism. You can even use it as a spot treatment or toner (for toner, use 1 part ACV and 3 parts water); it makes a great antibacterial and pH balancing agent. I try to incorporate ACV into my lifestyle as much as possible. If you’d like to see all the various ways you can use it, let me know and I can add it to my list of posts!Lastly,
– Meal prep the night before. This one is a big savior for me in the morning. Whether I’m prepping for breakfast or lunch, or both, I try to do as much as I can the night before. A few of my quick breakfast go to’s are:
- Greek yogurt with a banana and honey
- Banana shake with chia seeds
- Overnight oats with fruit and a little bit of cinnamon
I almost always have a banana and/or fruit in the morning because the sugar gives me a bit of energy; much needed when I need to wake up before 7AM. Bananas are my go to because they are super filling and get me through the morning. Of course, you can’t forget coffee either.
Anyway, that about wraps it up for the few things I tips I have for an easier morning. I hope you found something from this helpful and enjoyed the read! Have a wonderful rest of the week my loves. ♡